Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jaime's Merchant and Mills Dress Shirt

Fancy Tiger Crafts received a very special package in the mail from London last week. Merchant and Mills sewing patterns have arrived! Some of you may have read all about them on Monday's post and are checking back for more. I was so excited to sew one up as soon as we opened the box. It was a tough choice, but I went for the classic Dress Shirt. I chose one of the Robert Kaufman Union chambrays in a subtle yarn-dyed stripe.


The Dress Shirt is a easy-fit style, meant to be worn loose and with no closures. It features a faced front bib and gentle gathers on the back yoke. I made the UK size 10 which fits great, going with the relaxed style of the garment. What could be more perfect for my prairie inspired photo shoot in this field?! 



The Union chambray fabric sews like a dream! It is so easy to work with and it flows great for this pattern. This is the second time I've used one of these chambrays and I love them more and more every time. The fabric and pattern combined make for an extremely comfortable dress that I will wear often this spring.



This pattern also has an option for longer sleeves and would be easy to alter into a tunic to sport over leggings. The shirttail hem is a beautiful detail to give the dress even more sophistication.


We hope you all love these patterns as much as we do - we can't wait to see what you make!

2 comments:

AAR said...

Help! I cannot figure out how to attach the bib to the dress. Any tips?

Thanks! Amanda

Anika said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting info. Your article gives me another approach on the subject.
Whatever accommodation you’re looking for