Friday, January 03, 2014

Jaime's Carpino Sweater

Those people over at Brooklyn Tweed have got to stop. Every time I turn around they are publishing another round of beautiful patterns and I have to knit them all. There's not enough time!! Sometimes I can get overwhelmed at so many beautiful things to knit, but Carpino was easy. It was love at first sight for this pattern by the charming Irish designer, Carol Feller. Carpino moved immediately to the top of my queue and as soon as I finished our last knit along I cast on. Everything about this pattern was effortless: I confidently chose my color, my gauge was right on, the pattern just used one needle size that I happened to have in my knitting bag from my last project. It was all so serendipitous! Carpino held up to all my expectations. It just flowed off my needles in a few weeks with no tinking or issues.



The front panel is done in a feminine and interesting simple lace design. The lace repeats over just 3 stitches and 4 rows so it was a cinch to memorize. The sweater is knit seamless from the top down so I could try it on as I went. I knit this up exactly per the instructions with no alterations and I love it. 



The back of the sweater is done in stockinette stitch with some subtle dart shaping for the waist and hips. The sleeves and bottom band are finished with a stylish twisted-rib stitch and the neck is professionally finished with an i-cord edge.



Loft is a lovely yarn to work with and comes in a beautiful palette - I am so happy with this forest-y green, color, Birdbook. The sweater is warm enough to wear in chilly weather, but not too hot to keep on all day indoors. The easy fit is comfortable and flattering to wear. I've already worn this about a dozen times and I'm already scheming another Loft sweater.


The best part about this sweater? It is my 10th and final sweater for 2013. I had a personal goal of a sweater a month for 2013, which I fell just shy of, but I'm so proud of myself and all my sweater accomplishments! Hooray!

No comments: