Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Jaime's Nani Iro Nuance T-shirt

We just had a weekend sew-a-thon with guest Lizzy House! I made 3 tops, a skirt and some leggings over the course of a few days so get prepared to see my sweet new wardrobe. I'm thinking fall right now and this t-shirt top is perfect. The fabric is a gorgeous new print from Nani Iro - Nuance. Nuance is a vibrant indigo that fades in the color-blocked, painterly ways of Nani Iro to purpley-black. Nuance is a wata gauze - an ultra soft, loosely woven double gauze cotton with amazing texture and interesting drape.


The pattern is from Ms. Naomi Ito herself and is a free pattern she designed specifically for this fabric. You can get the pattern pdf instructions from her website here. Lizzy House had already made one of these so she helped me draft up the pattern using these instructions.


The design of this over-sized tee is simple enough that it was easy to draft - even with the instructions in Japanese! There isn't a lot of room for error with this one-size-fits-most piece as it is made simply with two pieces of fabric and 2 pocket pieces.



I choose to make bias binding out of the fabric itself to close up the neck. The arms and bottom hem were done by turning under the fabric. This top came together quickly and I love the result. The weight of the fabric is going to be great for crisp warm months and the over-sized dolmen style looks great with skinny jeans or leggings. We can't wait to see what you make up with these amazing fabrics!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me how many yards you needed?! I just love Nani Iro and really love your shirt!

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

Thanks! I used 1 1/2 yds for this top