Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jaime's Washi Blouse

The Washi Dress pattern by Made by Rae has been one of our most popular patterns, and I finally got around to stitching up my first one. It was everything I had hoped and dreamed it would be!


This Lecien Japanese lawn is lightweight and a great choice for summertime garments. I love the vintage feel of this tiny floral. The Washi Dress has several options - it can be a dress or a tunic, with or without tiny sleeves, and you can choose to make it with a cut-out neckline or straight scoop neckline. I chose to make a sleeved-tunic with the cut-out neckline.


This tunic sewed together nicely. The back has a shirred elastic waist which makes for a fitted top that is super flattering. The sleeves and armhole are finished with a bias binding, and the neck opening is faced for more structure and stability.


I am excited to try all the options - next up is a sleeveless top with regular scoop neck. There are still some warm months ahead to enjoy wearing some new Washis!


2 comments:

Meg Brothers said...

i LOVE this!!

Jeni Allen said...

Love this!