Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Better Know A Crafter: Roxanne Miller

Roxanne came in to chat us up about a knitting program she's been working on, and we couldn't keep our eyes off her gorgeous new sweater! It is made with two weights of Madelintosh in the same colorway, for a very cool lacy stripe effect. It is stunning, Roxanne!

Roxanne Miller
 

What types of crafts do you do?
I like to make things. I knit, sew, draw, cook, decorate, garden--anything that pops into my head. I love creating things. I usually get inspired by everyday things. I'll see something someone is wearing or see something for sale in a store & instantly think, "I could make that!", then go home and try to figure it out.

What is the beautiful cardigan you are wearing?
I knitted this using Madelinetosh DK & Tosh Merino Light in the color Opaline. I used the Army Of Knitters pattern Cassiopeia.

 

How did you learn to knit?
I actually taught myself how to knit and crochet. I've been knitting for about three years and absolutely LOVE it.

What is your favorite animal?
My favorite animal is a liger, known for it's skills in magic.

Thanks Roxanne! Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thank you for posting! Your CASSIOPEIA looks fabulous darling!
H xxxx