Monday, August 13, 2012

Field Study Craft Crunch!

As you probably know if you're a blog reader, we just had the amazing Anna Maria Horner visit us here at Fancy Tiger Crafts. Her brand new collection, Field Study arrived a couple of days early so of course Amber and I had to whip up some new outfits.

Anna sent a trunk show for her events full of samples sewn up in her new fabrics. I might have tried on the "Painted Portrait Blouse" she sent that was sewn up as a sleeveless pocketed dress. I knew immediately that I had to make one. This pattern is awesome and I had already made another version of it, a long-sleeved blouse. There are at least 12 different ways you could sew this pattern up so this time I made exactly what she sent with the trunk show. SO CUTE!


I choose one of my favorite prints from this collection, Coordinates in Midnight. Start to finish this dress took about 5 hours - it was serious craft crunch time getting it done in time for Anna's arrival. It turned out beautifully.

 
I love it. It looks great and feels comfortable to wear. The pockets are amazing - not only do they add an interesting visual element, but I can have my lipgloss and phone on me at all times. This dress is going to look great over leggings in cooler months with a cute cardigan thrown over it so I'm looking forward to wearing this one for a while.

Amber used the fantastic "fine feathered" print from Field Study to make this Wiksten Tank "Tee". After already making four Wiksten Tanks, she changed this one up a bit by adding short sleeves and bright blue piping to it. Perfect!


To add these cutie sleeves to her tank she used both the Wiksten Tank and Wiksten Tova patterns--creating a short version of the Tova sleeve pattern piece and substituting the armhole from the Tova, drawing it over the Tank armhole.


Emily, Amber and I all took Anna's Multi-Tasker Tote class over the weekend and we love our new totes! Perfect for an evening of knitting and picnicing in the park with friends and doggies! Next time you are in the shop ask us about our totes, please. We'd love to gush about them to you!


8 comments:

Jeanne Lois said...

Nice work ladies! A new dress is on my agenda... and I'm thinking this pattern might be perfect!

Anna Maria Parry said...

Gaaah, you are all so cute! xoxoxAM

whylime said...

I am in love with this pattern... can you mail order?

Sewing Geek said...

Thanks to your dress, I am making one now! I better hurry before it's too cold to wear sleeveless!

Clare said...

Beautiful dress!! I really want to make one now. SO pretty!

Sandy said...

Beautiful dress! Is this the quilting weight fabric?

Unknown said...

How do I get the pattern?! It's just what I've been looking for!!!

Dixie Torrech said...

I just made this dress in a blue and white linen and it turned out great. I made it with sleeves and pockets. Tweaked it slightly (used hem tape instead of bias tape hem, trimmed the neck facing down to a smaller size and made it a true pull over (no button opening in back). Will make again. Very comfy!