Friday, February 24, 2012

Jaime's Liberty Tova Blouse

Liberty of London Fabric + Wiksten Tova pattern = ♥

I've had my eye on this Liberty print ever since we received our last Liberty shipment. I knew I wanted to make a top out of it, but have been waiting for the perfect pattern. When I saw the Tova pattern by Wiksten it was true love!


This Tova top by Wiksten is a beautiful, hand drawn sewing pattern by designer Jennifer Gordy out of Iowa. I ordered the pattern directly from her website (you will have to do the same as we cannot carry them at this time...) It arrived in a vellum sleeve closed with a Liberty of London sticker - it was meant to be!


I was a really bad seamstress and did not make a muslin or anything. I was so excited to make this top, I just went for it - and it worked out wonderfully. The top is flattering and feminine with gathering detail around a front placket as well as on the 3/4 sleeve cuffs. The piece went together great and it fits perfect!


Of course, since it is Liberty, it is super soft and the drape of the lawn fabric works splendidly with this design.


I also have the Wiksten Tank pattern in my possession and am already scheming which fabric to use for it!

2 comments:

Lauren Carroll said...

That is such a cute top! I just saw some patterns on pinterest and was wondering if I would ever be able to sew a shirt or dress without it looking homemade. Ha!

margo tantau said...

ooh love it, you're right, perfect pattern match for that! You guys are such temptresses with so much goodness under one roof...dang i wish i lived in Denver!