Thursday, September 15, 2011

Amber's Maidenhair Dandy

I am so inspired by all the indie knitting patterns we've picked up at the shop! One of my new favorite designers is Alexandra Tinsley of Dull Roar knitting patterns. I've just finished knitting her Dandy Scarf and it was a quick and satisfying knit.




After I fell for the dreamiest of dreamy yarns that is Handmaiden Maiden Hair, I was on the lookout for the perfect pattern to showcase it's sheen and drapiness. Dull Roar's Dandy Scarf was it! Alexandra's version is knit in 100% silk, and the Maiden Hair I used is a lovely alternative--shiny silk glowing through a magical halo of soft kid mohair.


I am in love with this scarf. It is sure to be a wardrobe staple for cool autumn days. One skein was all it took to make the Dandy, with plenty of yarn left over for the fanciful tassels.

2 comments:

The Chapman's said...

I'm assuming you sell this pattern! imight have to get it...

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

We do sell the pattern in the shop. Hope to see you soon!