Thursday, May 06, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Kate Solomon

Kate is an amazing knitter. She teaches knitting classes at Common Threads in Boulder and also helps to organize a knit night in Boulder that is super fun! We love her most recent finished object--a pig-tailed, intarsia skull and crossbones baby blanket! Sweet!

Kate Solomon


What kinds of crafts do you do?
I am a knitter. As much as I'd like to transition to sewing, the yarn just calls too strong. I got started because of the color and haven't yet run out of inspiration.

Tell us about your knitting project.
This is a baby blanket for some friends of mine who are expecting their first (a baby girl!) in July. I created the pattern and am proud to tell you it's my first intarsia project. Go graph paper!


How did you learn to knit?
A friend of mine from the East Coast sat me down and taught me about 8 years ago. She told me that the meditative aspect of the craft would be great for me and the Type A part of me would be satisfied with the final result.

What is your favorite animal?
Gecko. They do push-ups when no one is looking.

Geckos really do push-ups? My googling tells me you aren't joking!

Thanks Kate! Happy knitting!

No comments: