Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Francesca "Frankie" Clifford

Frankie is one of our regular customers. She is adorable with a capital A and, I think, a future sewing superstar. She came in recently wearing an Anna Maria Horner print dress she made. She also told us about a similar one she made for her sister, on which she hand-painted a mountain scene border around the bottom. We were dying to see that dress after she told us about it, so Frankie and her sister came back into Fancy Tiger to show us--both of them looking super lovely!

Francesca "Frankie" Clifford


1) What makes you want to be crafty?

I go to Denver School of the Arts and I am a creative writer. I love looking at fabric and imagining outfits & designs. My school and all the crafty people I meet inspire me. Especially this store. I mostly just sew, I also collage, print and write, though.

2) Tell us about the dress you made.
I made a strapless dress. I used a pattern from Joanne's I used material from Fancy Tiger and a 14" zipper. I made the dress a little longer and more flowy than the pattern to fit the fabric. i also add a brooch to the front to add a new look.


3) How did you learn to sew?
I just started last summer. I took classes at Fancy Tiger that got me really interested. My grandmother used to sew and she taght me and has helped me with all my projects.

4) What is your favorite animal?
A giraffe.

Thanks Frankie! Happy sewing!

No comments: